Many of the most common pool care problems can be avoided or at least minimized by simply mastering these five key factors:
- Circulation - The more the water moves, the harder it is for problems to take hold. Additionally, properly circulated water ensures that chemicals are properly mixed throughout the pool.
- Filtration - Filtered water removes insoluble waste particles that can cloud the water and compete with bacteria and algae for the sanitizer's attention.
- Cleaning - Vacuuming and brushing debris and biofilm in the pool and on the surfaces prevents the growth of bigger problems, making it easier to keep the water clean. Routine use of a skimmer net is helpful in removing floating debris to prevent it from settling to the bottom of the pool.
- Chemistry - Adding the proper amount of the right products at the right times insures that the water stays clear, clean, and healthy.
- Testing - By measuring critical water factors, you can make sure that the water is well balanced and an adequate sanitizer is being maintained.
Paying close attention to these 5 key factors will guarantee the beautiful water you expect. It should also be understood that poor filtration or inadequate circulation cannot be overcome by adding more chemicals.
Numerous water problems are related to poor or inadequate filtration and/or circulation.